GivingTuesday is more than just a day; it is a global social movement that allows people worldwide to show generosity and connect with communities and causes that are meaningful to them. Each year, the GivingTuesday movement grows as more people support nonprofits and government agencies in their community. The annual day of celebration falls on the last Tuesday of November; this year, it is observed on November 29, 2022.
Social media is a crucial driver of traffic for fundraising and gaining supporters on GivingTuesday. One element that makes GivingTuesday so successful is the feeling of being a part of a larger community. The #GivingTuesday hashtag has had more than 20 billion social media impressions in past years.
Here are some ideas for your nonprofit or government agency to leverage GivingTuesday effectively on social media.
- Make sure your social pages are up to date with relevant information and engaging graphics to attract new followers.
- Announce that you plan to take part in GivingTuesday. Consider creating an event on social media and inviting your followers to attend.
- Start planning for your social media messaging on the big day!
- Post several times on your social media channels celebrating progress toward your goals.
- Ask supporters to share your posts to gain new audience members.
- Use #GivingTuesday in your posts.
- Utilize a video to promote engagement for your mission.
- Go live to talk about your organization and goals.
- Highlight success stories from your community efforts.
- Mention and thank significant donors throughout the day on your social channels.
- Share your success with your community.
- Send personal thank-you notes to your staff, donors, and volunteers.
- Plan to use the momentum to move forward into the holidays and the new year.
- Reflect on what went well and note for use in future years.
Do Good Communications is here to help you with your GivingTuesday efforts and beyond. With a suite of services built to help you communicate effectively with your potential donors, we take the guesswork out of digital marketing. We are passionate about helping nonprofits grow through their digital presence. Tell us about your project goals, and we will help you develop a plan to reach more stakeholders in your community and beyond. Reach out today for a free custom quote.